Saturday, May 10, 2008

CG Water Splashes

This afternoon I played around with creating large scale CG water splashes using compositing tricks. The results are below...

Background Plate
Click To Enlarge
CG Splash Element
Click To Enlarge
Final Composite
Click To Enlarge

For a more in depth rundown of how I created this effect, head over to the CGTalk Particle Flow Discussion Thread

As a side note, today is my 3rd wedding anniversary to my wonderful wife Sarah. I love her very much, and I look forward to the many more years we will spend together.


3 comments:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

They look really cool ! And Congratulations on your wedding anniversary !

Daniel Broadway said...

Thanks, Andrew. By the way, I've started working on Invasion again. I've made some very slight modifications to your UFO. I hope you don't mind. I think it will look great in the film.

Ajiesh Thuvanoor Kayi said...

hello

Did u use any 3D particles to generate the splashes?

anyway it looks cool with the shade and shadows

apparentajiesh@rediffmail.com