Saturday, April 5, 2008

My "Star Trek" Fake Footage Entry [UPDATED: April 11, 2008]



UPDATE:
I won the contest.

Click to Enlarge to HD size

Click to Enlarge To HD Size

Well, I just finished up my latest visual effects shot. It is for IO9's and Trekmovie's joint Star Trek fake footage contest. Because of the amount of time required for modeling the saucer and shuttles, I actually finished this shot in under 24 hours from animation, rendering, to compositing.

For those not familiar with visual effects, that is a breakneck pace to finish a shot like that. It's not my best work, because of the severe time limit, I didn't have time to tweak it to perfection. I like it nonetheless, so I thought I'd post it. The winners of the contest will be announced Monday, April 7th. Wish me luck.

Here is my entry at YouTube...



and in HD at Vimeo (better quality)...


"Star Trek" Fake Footage from Daniel Broadway on Vimeo.

4 comments:

MC_TREKKIE said...

Excellent work.

Congrats on the Win and on your previous work.

You should keep them coming!

You should so pieces that are always a bit ahead of the official trailers.

I know the guys from CBS-D watch the Trek Movie site- so it can't hurt!
Anyhow Good work!

Christian Hinze said...

Congratulations!

Your work is amazing. I love it.

Best regards,
Chris from Germany

Avindair said...

Really nice work, Daniel, and at a heck of a pace!

Good job!

Buzz said...

.
Fantastic work...! Really, a piece of art...! Fan art! Fan-tastic, hehe!!

Congrats for winning the Trek Movie.com contest...!

Ever thought in doing some Enterprise B animation?? It would be great I guess...!

Keep up the good work!

Best wishes from Brazil,

Buzz
.